No one likes to be told what they can and can’t do. So choose your own adventure with Rick Martinez’s no-fail smoothie recipe. He keeps it simple and definitely keeps you coming back for a second round.
Choose Your Own Adventure Fruit and Protein Smoothie
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup chopped nuts (like almonds, cashews, or pistachios)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, hemp seeds or ground flax seeds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 6 – 8 ounces your favorite stone fruit or berries (like 2 pitted peaches, 2 pitted
- plums, 1 6-ounce clamshell blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, or ½ a pound of hulled strawberries)
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (whole milk or low-fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup, plus more
1. Chop desired fruit to enable easy blending.
2. Purée nuts, seeds and salt in a blender until finely ground.
3. Add fruit of your choosing, coconut water, yogurt, and honey and purée until completely smooth.
For more amazing recipes and culinary inspiration, check out Rick's Instagram: @rick_andrew_martinez