Not that binge-watching isn't what we all need every now and again, but sometimes you just need a break. We've put together a list of alternatives to streaming your shows, for when that time inevitably comes.
1. Get organized: Pick a room in your house or apartment and get organized. Declutter that closet or drawer, color-code your closet, and make a pile of things you are no longer using to donate to those in need.
2. Take A Museum Tour: You can't physically take a tour, but some of the most famous museums throughout the world have generously put virtual tours online for you to enjoy. Museums include the Guggenheim, the Musée d’Orsay, The Getty Museum, the Uffizi Gallery in Florence and more. You can find them HERE.
3. Workout: Refresh your body and mind with a good at-home workout. Whether it's 10 minutes or 45 minutes, any kind of movement is always beneficial for both your body and mind. Check out our collection of at-home workouts HERE.
4. Read a Book: Have a long book list that you never seem to have the time to start? Now's a perfect time. Start at the top of your list and work your way down. Don't have a list? Here are a few recommendations to get you started.
5. Write Something: Whether you write in a journal or write letters to loved ones, take time to write. It's cathartic, can be beneficial for mental health, and everybody loves getting snail mail every now and then.
6. Call Someone: Though we currently can't socialize in person, we can socialize through technology. Facetime someone or call someone, in particular, your parents or grandparents or those you know are alone. Reconnect with friends or brighten someone's day. Even a 10-minute call can do wonders.
7. Cook Something: It may not be often in your busy schedule that you have time to cook a good meal. Try cooking a new recipe or an old favorite. And then take a seat, put your phone away, and enjoy it.
8. Meditate: Your schedule and life might look a little different and things may feel unsure, but if we pause, we can always find things to be grateful for. If you've never meditated before, we have a guide for you here.
9. Go to the Opera: You can't exactly get orchestra seats, but you can get a live stream from the Met's Live in HD Series. Each night they are streaming a different opera, with each performance being available for 20 hours. You can find them HERE.
10. Set Goals: Take some time and set some realistic goals for yourself. Set daily goals, goals for the coming week, and goals for the upcoming month. It will help you feel more motivated, organized, and calm as you tackle your to-do list.